The Wainright Awards for Creative Writing
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The 2020-2021 Wainright Awards for Creative Writing
In honor and memory of Amy Wainright, a writing instructor at the University of North Florida from 1993 until 2013, the Department of English will award major annual prizes for the best undergraduate creative writing to eligible UNF students in four categories: poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, and scriptwriting. In each category, the annual prize is $1,000* and departmental recognition. Along with the winner, the competition judges will name two finalists in each category.
- You must be a Florida resident for tuition purposes and must be a currently enrolled undergraduate (taking 12 credit hours each semester) with a minimum GPA of 2.5, graduating no sooner than Spring, 2021.
- Manuscripts must consist of original work(s) of which you are the sole author.
- Manuscripts must comply with format guidelines and entry requirements.
- You may not submit work that you have simultaneously submitted elsewhere for competition or publication. In the case of scripts, your work must not have been produced, accepted for production, or submitted for production.
- Deadline for submissions: January 22, 2021
- Announcement of winners and finalists: March 12, 2021